April 2014 - CamRanger is now capable of controlling StackShot!
January 2014 - Don't want to build a Water Drop Stand? Check this out.
June 2013 - Check out the StopShot Studio - a 12 channel computer controlled version of StopShot
April 2013, Capture insects in flight with our new portable Insect Rig.
January 2013 - Check out our new Water Valve Mounting Bracket for multiple colored collisions
December 2012 - Introducing the Shutter Support System. Completely portable high speed.
October 2012 - Check out our latest one of a kind product - the High Speed Shutter - finally you can capture insects in flight.
August 2012 - Take your StackShot into the field with our new Controller Carrier Also works great with StopShot.
February 2012 - See our new web page on creating Three Drop Collisions with StopShot.
January 2012 - Check out our latest sensor the RangeIR. Designed for birds and wildlife.
- Precision stepper motor controlled macro photography rail.
- Completely configurable with down to 2um step size.
- Rail components made from T-6061 aluminum and stainless steel.
- Macro rail can lift a 10lb (4.5kg) load vertically at the middle torque setting.
- English or metric units of measurement.
- Controller has a durable extruded aluminum housing.
- Motor harness includes strain relief.
- Operates at 12VDC.
- Reverse battery protected.
- NEMA 17 stepper motor run in 1/16th step micro stepping mode.
- ACME Threaded Rod has 16tpi, 1.59mm of linear distance per motor revolution.
- Open drain output configuration on Shutter output.
- Shutter output can switch up to 1A of continuous current.
- System can be battery powered, see the Li-Ion Battery Kit
|Software Release||Manual Version (pdf)|
|1.0.06||Version 1.5 (1.5MB) - Version 1.5 (Deutsch) - Version 1.5 (Espanol)|
|1.0.05||Version 1.4 (1.5MB) - USB Details Added|
|1.0.03||Version 1.1 (1.5MB)|
|1.0.01||Version 1.0 (1.5MB)|
|The software version can be read from the StackShot splash screen at power-up.|
Please Note: Your StackShot was shipped with the latest firmware.
To upgrade your USB StackShot firmware follow these instructions.
The latest firmware can be downloaded here: 1.0.06 USB
If you have a non USB version you will need a reflash cable
To update the firmware in your StackShot. Follow these instructions.
The latest firmware can be downloaded here: 1.0.06 1W
Note: Firmware upgrades can only be performed using a PC.
Mac version coming soon - It will be rolled out when a new version of Firmware becomes available.
StackShot Controller Dimensions: 120mm L x 103mm W x 31mm H
Standard Macro Rail Dimensions: 200mm L x 86mm W x 80mm H
Rail Travel: 100mm
Extended Macro Rail Dimensions: 300mm L x 86mm W x 80mm H
Rail Travel: 200mm
StackShot Controller: 0.34kg (12.0 oz)
StackShot Macro Rail (standard length): 1.12kg (2lb 7.4oz)
Controller Carrier Kit (including Wimberley Arm): 0.28kg (9.9oz)
Battery Kit (not including charger): 0.26kg (9.2oz)
Total Weight: 2.0kg (4.4lbs)
Add 0.24kg (8.6oz) for the Extended Rail
Electrical Specification Summary
If you have an idea for a feature that isn't currently present please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We always strive to give you the most feature-rich products and will do what we can to get the feature added.
USB Connections to Windows
Usually connecting StackShot to your Windows machine is pretty painless, occasionally though Windows will not install the drivers correctly (or at all). If this happens to you follow the steps below to get Windows to recognize your StackShot controller.
- Unplug StackShot from the computer
- Make sure Zerene and Helicon are closed
- Download the FTDI drivers from here: FTDI Drivers
- Run the setup executable
- Reboot (probably not required, but it never hurts (much)!)
- Plug in the StackShot USB port
- Load up Zerene or Helicon Remote.