April 2013, Capture insects in flight with our new portable Insect Rig.
January 2013 - Check out our new Water Valve Mounting Bracket for multiple colored collisions
December 2012 - Introducing the Shutter Support System. Completely portable high speed.
October 2012 - Check out our latest one of a kind product - the High Speed Shutter - finally you can capture insects in flight.
August 2012 - Take your StackShot into the field with our new Controller Carrier Also works great with StopShot.
February 2012 - See our new web page on creating Three Drop Collisions with StopShot.
January 2012 - Check out our latest sensor the RangeIR. Designed for birds and wildlife.
November 2011 - Power your StackShot or StopShot longer in the field with our new Li-Ion Battery Pack
November 2011 - The Universal IR Remote now has the capability to start and stop video recording for Canon cameras. UIRR
- Precision stepper motor controlled macro photography rail.
- Completely configurable with down to 2um step size.
- Rail components made from T-6061 aluminum and stainless steel.
- Macro rail can lift a 10lb (4.5kg) load vertically at the middle torque setting.
- English or metric units of measurement.
- Controller has a durable extruded aluminum housing.
- Motor harness includes strain relief.
- Operates at 12VDC.
- Reverse battery protected.
- NEMA 17 stepper motor run in 1/16th step micro stepping.
- ACME Threaded Rod has 16tpi, 1.59mm of linear distance per motor revolution.
- Open drain output configuration on Shutter output.
- Shutter output can switch up to 1A of continuous current.
- System can be battery powered, see the Li-Ion Battery Kit
|Software Release||Manual Version (pdf)|
|1.0.06||Version 1.5 (1.5MB) - Version 1.5 (Deutsch)|
|1.0.05||Version 1.4 (1.5MB) - USB Details Added|
|1.0.03||Version 1.1 (1.5MB)|
|1.0.01||Version 1.0 (1.5MB)|
|The software version can be read from the StackShot splash screen at power-up.|
Note: Firmware upgrades can only be performed using a PC (Mac version coming soon).
StackShot Controller Dimensions: 120mm L x 103mm W x 31mm H
Standard Macro Rail Dimensions: 200mm L x 86mm W x 80mm H
Rail Travel: 100mm
Extended Macro Rail Dimensions: 300mm L x 86mm W x 80mm H
Rail Travel: 200mm
StackShot Controller: 0.34kg (12.0 oz)
StackShot Macro Rail (standard length): 1.12kg (2lb 7.4oz)
Controller Carrier Kit (including Wimberley Arm): 0.28kg (9.9oz)
Battery Kit (not including charger): 0.26kg (9.2oz)
Total Weight: 2.0kg (4.4lbs)
Add 0.24kg (8.6oz) for Extended Rail
Electrical Specification Summary
If you have an idea for a feature that isn't currently present please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We always strive to give you the most feature-rich products and will do what we can to get the feature added.